eunetNovember 28, 2019 at 6:36 pm #1575
VALUE FAIR 2020 supports actors in the youth field to share, understand and identify the VALUES on which we base our youth work and how it can contribute to better living together.
In our societies, we are facing mistrust among citizens, resulting in discrimination and rejection of “the others”. This harms our living together.
VALUE FAIR 2020 aims to support actors of youth field in sharing, understanding and exploring values through Non-Formal Education (NFE). It focuses on how the following values: participation, sustainability, empathy, inclusion and equity, are approached, translated, promoted and transmitted.
The Value Fair will not focus on ‘tools’ and ‘methods’, but focuses on the “why” and “what for” of our work.
– To explore and exchange how we understand these values
– To question the place of these values in our agenda and daily life
– To critically reflect upon why and how youth workers/leaders support these values towards young people
– To understand and promote how Non-Formal Education (NFE) can support these values
– To highlight the current challenges related to these 5 values
– To explore how to maximize the impact of these values on individual/organizational/community level
– To stimulate concrete networking in order to create qualitative future international projects, also within the Erasmus+ / Youth in Action Programme
PRINCIPLES & FOCUS
Local impact and involvement: several events during the VALUE FAIR 2020 are open to/involve the local community, this to enhance mutual learning and to enlarge the impact as such.
This event will take place in the city of Athens, where contrasts meet so clearly: ‘(very) rich and (very) poor’, ‘past and future’, ‘history and dreams’, ‘tourism and immigration’, different local stakeholders are involved in the organisation of VALUE FAIR 2020.
Apply here until 31 January 2020!!