eunetNovember 20, 2018 at 12:46 pm #932
This Training Course targets staff members of closed institutions (detention services, prisons etc.), probation centres and NGO’s to explore non-formal learning and develop common Erasmus+ & European Solidarity corps projects involving young people in/after imprisonment.
The activity has following objectives:
– To provide time and space for sharing good practice and methodology of participants daily work with young people in or after imprisonment;
– To give an opportunity to define the role and place for non-formal learning in work with young people in or after imprisonment;
– To establish new partnerships and networks on national and international level for further collaborations;
– To develop concrete project ideas that can be implemented under Erasmus+: Youth in Action or European Solidarity corps.
The methodology of the project factory is based on the fundamental principles of non-formal education.
An essential element of the methodology is based on the holistic nature of the learning experience, through methods that involve not only cognitive or intellectual approaches but also covering the emotional and attitudinal ones.
The diversity of working methods (presentations, open space technology, design thinking, energizers, individual reflection, technical project management, feedback techniques, teamwork, etc.) will make more sense than ever in order to better illustrate the meaning of non-formal learning and support youth empowerment in and after imprisonment.
Profile of participants:
– Staff members of closed institutions like detention services, prisons etc. (social workers, psychologists, project coordinators, youth workers, etc.) and probation services who work with young people on a daily basis
– NGO members working or willing to work in closed institutions.
Participants are invited to apply in tandems or individually to foster cooperation and mutual support in implementation of common projects aiming at empowering young people in and after imprisonment. After the training course partnerships are expected to develop and submit project application within the Erasmus+ and European Solidarity corps programme.