eunetMarch 13, 2019 at 1:34 pm #1145
The main aim of this training is to equip youth workers with the tools to increase the levels of media literacy amongst the young people they work with and support them to be responsible digital citizens.
Mainstream Media has a very important role on shaping perspectives and attitudes in society. Without the necessary critical thinking skills and media literacy skills discriminatory views can be easily influenced. How can we challenge this as youth workers and engage youth in their sense of digital citizenship?
– To explore and develop an understanding of key concepts
– To equip youth workers with creative tools, activities and methodologies exploring media literacy, digital citizenship and the promotion of intercultural and diversity competences and understanding.
– To explore the issue of Hate Speech.
– To develop participants skills to analyse and evaluate power and impact of media images and messages.
– To develop participants’ abilities to produce alternative media messages that promote diversity.
– To explore further possibilities of projects and cooperations on this topic within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme
Apply here until 15 March 2019!